Monday 25 August 2014

Signiture Scent


I've always been a 'signiture scent' sort of person I'm loyal to a perfume and although occasionally something new might come catch my eye its always been rare. The smell of Miss Dior and cigarettes defines my school years, during Uni I was pretty dependant on Stella Lily. But for the past year or so I've been in a perfume no mans land, having amassed a rather size able collection of Jo Malone fragrances amongst others but hadn't found a perfume I felt I would happily have as my only fragrance until this one.

Iris Prima was released by Penhaligon's ages ago but since leaving London last year I hadn't been able to get my hands on it until a few months ago when it popped up to Chester for the day and went into the Penhaligons store there. Suffice to say I'm hooked. Inspired by the English National Ballet, of course both the packaging and the scent look and feel so classically elegant. Even if I never quite mastered that ballerina poise I can still smell like one (or at least their shoes?) 


To me, its quite a powdery scent, with the leather, Iris and Bergamont being the main notes. Although I can definitely identify a touch of vanilla in there too. The lasting powers also really good, which is just as well since my main concern with this is that the lid of the bottle doesn't affix itself in anyway - which basically means if you put this in your bag you know its going to leak everywhere. But its worth it. Not only I'm a getting complements on the way I smell but I'm being told how 'me' the scent is. Also it really does smell like new ballet shoes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment