Saturday 12 July 2014

St Tropez Express Tan





I'm a complete tanning n00b. Despite some ill advised tan towels experimentation during senior school that left me looking like Lisa Simpson (Yes yellow.. age 12 was my jaundice year). It's been rare that I've decided to tan. When I do I usually regret it as soon as I've started.

But the St. Tropez express tan totally seduced me, it claimed to achieve a light tan in one hour and a dark one in 3. To me that sounds perfect, only one hour dealing with that weird biscuit smell and standing around trying not to put my arms down for fear of streaking.

It was actually bloody brilliant. I exfoliated and moisturised my skin before applying the mouse with my tanning mitt and left it for an hour. After rinsing it off there was the slightest biscuit smell remaining but otherwise that was it. The next day my sheets were still white and  my tan had developed into a really lovely streak free light brown - no orange (or yellow) at all.

The colour doesn't seem to last quite as long as the original mouse, it had pretty much completely faded by day 5. But it did fade very nicely with a bit of gentle exfoliation. I didn't have any random patches at all. I'm sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment