Wednesday 1 January 2014

The Morning After

In the Shower.... 


At the Mirror


Somewhat improved right? 

New Years Eve over and the party season is gone for another year, and I certainly partied like it was 1999 2014. Honsetly, by this stage I'm so grateful that the holiday season is over; right now I don't think I could physically consume another cocktail but until the detox can commence I've got the morning after hangover to deal with. Work starts at 11.00 which gives me exactly two hours to resemble something living.

9:30 I'm still lying in bed, trying to find the energy to leave wondering how 18 year old me used to cope with doing this every single weekend?! I've also chugged my first half a litre of water. 

9.45 Hit the showers: I'm finally starting to feel human amazingly. Once in the shower I used the Elemis Spa @ Home show cream a luxurious feeling body wash the leaves my skin feeling nourished and comforted but with no scent at all didn't affect my sore head and queasy stomach. I also used the Clinque Sparkle Skin Exfoliator to remove the remnants of Xen Tan of my legs. For hair I whipped out the Macadamia Natural Oil Flawless cleansing conditioner to quickly spruce us my tresses. I managed to slough the dead skin of my lips with the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, and give my skin a bit more pep with Liz Earle Brightening treatment mask a seriously fast acting mask that helps tired skin look a bit more alive. I used the L'Oreal Skin Perfection cleansing water to get remove the remains of last nights mascara (a total Bioderma dupe if your interested).

 10:00 Make up time: After applying some of the the Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment I roughly blow dried my hair and pulled it into a bun. I popped on the Origins Ginzing eye cream which contains a small amount of simmer to try and hide my dark bags. For base I kept things light, and tried to let my skin breath a little bit. I used the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm  which also acts as a moisturising mask throughout the day and imparts quite a glow. I applied a little bit of Nars Sheer Glow with my fingertips since my buffing brush was still dirty from last nights shenanigans and my skins suffering to much from christmas over- indulgence to let it go bare. On my eyes I used the Clinque Chubby Stick for a bit of subtle colour, used the a tiny bit of the densely pigmented Clinque All About Eyes Concealer  underneath to try and hide the bags. In my waterline I popped Chanel eyeliner  in Beryl which has a lilac hue to try and disguise some of the redness. On my lips and cheeks I'm wearing another Clinque Chubby Stick  in Two Ton Tomato because obviously if I'm wearing red lipstick I'm  going to be able to fool everyone that I'm not hungover (I wish).  It did however give some much needed colour to my complexion. I did my brows as usual, applied a couple of coats of mascara and was pretty much ready to go.

10:30  Out the door: New Years resolution Drink less, buy more makeup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment