Saturday 5 July 2014

CHANTECAILLE Faux Cils Mascara Review


About a month ago I received a Space NK goody bag - Major excitement. I'd wanted one for so long its was actually embarrassing, but the disposable income and the offer never seemed to coincide (probably because I never have disposable income). Eventually I convinced the mother to go halves on the £150 purchase required to receive it. It was well worth it by the way, not least for the sample of the Chantecaille mascara that was included.

In short this mascara is just perfection, It gives serious length, volume and drama with no clumps. Its crazy. Before this came into my life I thought I had found my ultimate with the Benefit They're Real, but I'd never been so wrong  

Before

After- also I need to sort my brows out.
As you can see, its pretty amazing it manages to make somewhat paltry looking lashes look decent. (I should point out though my eyelashes are slightly longer than the before picture might indicate they're just very, very blonde). As great as it is though, it does come with a pretty hefty price tag at £35.00 nearly £10 more than the Chanel, Dior and YSL offerings (although I also think the Chantecaille is better).

I've also found some difficulties in controlling the wand. I found it almost impossible to apply a coat of this stuff without blobbing it somewhere either on my lash line or near to my brow bone. Not a big deal but If I've just spent 10 minutes doing a smokey eye and I blob mascara shit will go down. This could just be to do with the length of the sample size wand.  Also its not waterproof - or at all water resistant a sudden rainstorm yesterday left me looking like an emo kid circa 2004. But for the results it gives I'm willing to let all that go. 

To be honest, I'm not sure If I would purchase this once I've run out. It really is the best mascara I've ever used but I'm just not sure If I could justify £35 for a product that  should  would only last 3 months. If you've got the spare cash I say go for it, you won't regret it. For me I'm just not sure maybe if I win the lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment