Thursday 3 July 2014

Embracing My Flaws

Lets be real, I don't consider myself to be the most beautiful women in the room, (there are occasions in which I'm the only woman in which case I probably am) and for the most part I'm pretty okay with that. There are so many things I can do, I'm great with Puns, make a mean Lasagna, and I'm really good at doing the Carlton Banks dance - who needs beauty.



However a recent conversation with a friend made me realise how much of my confidence comes not from embracing my positives but from feeling as though I've successfully hidden my flaws - and thats just not on. So me and my friend set ourselves a little challenge - to play up or 'worst' features for one week - and I loved it.

Having wonky lips and a gap that would rival a Jagger I've always hated my lips, so I ended up spending the whole week in bold red lipstick. I went through I few formulations from my stash before absolutely falling in love with Illamsaqua Throb. Its a completely matte, blue red shade that really pops against my skin. I have little patience for any lipstick that needs careful re-applications throughout the day, but like all the Illamasqua lipsticks I've tried even after an 8 hour day this bad boy is still perfectly there. Its amazing. Honestly.



So, whilst I'm not quite ready to ditch my go to winged liner nude lips, I'm definitely feeling more ready to include red lips in my make up rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment