Tuesday 15 April 2014

A New Foundation Love?

For far too long now I've been clung to the beaut of a foundation that is Nars sheer glow, and lately I've been getting that itch to try something new. So when Lisa Eldridge recommended a foundation on her blog, and its pretty cheap you've got to listen up right? Dutifully I picked up the Boujois 123 perfect CC Cream yesterday.

I really need to polish my dressing table 

To be honset I've not really been sold on the whole BB, CC cream trend I just don't get it? Most of them seem to make wild skincare claims but seem to be little more than an over-rated tinted moisturiser. But at a £9.99 I was willing to let that go, in the hopes it would pacify my current YSL Youth Liberator  cravings and I've go to admit I really like it. The coverage is defiantly light, but I think thats comes with the territory with this breed of foundation. It sits on the skin beautifully though, my skin textures been looking a bit dodgy lately, rough, dry, spotty and blotchy all at once - sexy I know right? But its managed to smooth over all of that shockingly well (far better than Nars did!).

Not too bad right? Ignore the bad hair day 


As texture goes yes it gives a slightly dewy (maybe more natural finish?), but personally I didn't feel the need to powder it at all and it defiantly lasts really well on my skin. However, despite its '24 hour' hydration claims it really didn't leave my skin feeling at all moisturised - like I said my skin is slightly oily and yet required zero powder !! Really though its a great budget foundation, the Boujois foundations are always some of the best on the highstreet and this defiantly continues that trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment